PureGrit 6 is low to the ground trail shoe, which provides a responsive and nimble ride. The big change in the 6th iteration compared to PureGrit 5 is the updated upper while the outsole and midsole are the same.
The redesigned upper removes the midfoot strap and adds a 3D rubber print to increased upper durability while maintaining a lightweight and secure wrap around the foot. The updated upper looks much better and modern than the previous rather ugly shoe.
The 4mm drop, the tightly spaced hexagonal lugs on the outsole and the Ballistic Rock Shield are the same and provide plenty of ground feel with good protection. PureGrit 6 has a good grip, especially on dry terrain but still, the shoe is not very wide. The well known Brooks BioMoGo DNA midsole features gel cushioning for a fully custom responsive ride that adapts to the needs of each runner.
- 4 mm drop
- 9.6 oz
- Natural ride – Sitting low to the ground for greater proprioception allows you to instinctively react to the trail.
- Agile traction – Confidently dig into any surface with the omnidirectional power of the gnarly hex lugs and our exclusive sticky rubber outsole.
- Anatomical protection – A 3D Rubber Print shields your feet, enhancing protection and durability in high-abrasion zones
- BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning dynamically adapts to your stride.
- Omega Flex Grooves optimize forefoot flexibility.
- A rounded heel provides better alignment, minimizing stress on joints.
- The Ballistic Rock Shield protects against potential surface hazards.
Brooks PureGrit 5 vs 6: