Mio Global announced refreshed Mio Alpha 2 that adds an accelerometer and a backlight. The original Mio Alpha focused on heartrate tracking and the new version improves the fitness tracker capabilities. The internal accelerometer can measure pace, speed, and distance, which means you can run without relying on a smartphone tracking. As with the original Alpha sport watch, Mio Alpha 2 transmits EKG-accurate heart rate data from your wrist without a chest strap and sends it to popular fitness apps, such as Endomondo, Strava, MapMyRun and more.
- EKG-accurate heart rate taken at wrist, with no chest strap required
- Configurable heart rate zones with colored LED light to indicate current zone
- Bluetooth Smart (4.0) connectivity to all your favorite iPhone and Android fitness apps
- NEW! Accelerometer-based pace, speed, distance and calories
- NEW! Customizable display with easy-to-activate backlight
- NEW! Memory holds up to 25 hours of workout data
- NEW! Automatic wireless syncing to Mio GO app
- NEW! Countdown, chronograph, and repeat timers
- Water resistant to 30m
The price is $199.00 USD.